When collecting and decorating antique pieces, it can be easy to get carried away. One minute you have found a few delightful-looking glasses to display in your living room, and before long, your room resembles a circus-type hall of mirrors. Depending on how you decorate a room or even what shade of paint you use, it can create a variety of emotions. From soothing vibes to an atmosphere more conducive to lively interactions, you are ultimately in control of the feel of each room. So before you overdo it on antiquities, there’s a simple design ratio that can help to curb your passions.
By taking stock of each room, you should find that it follows the 80/20 rule. This means that 80% of your room will be dedicated to following a certain style, and the remaining 20% can be either accent pieces or antiques, according to Canadian artist