If your house is a semi-detached or detached property and you are planning a construction project we are here to help! This is the page to get you started on your journey, with the information you need to make sure you have all the right permits and clearances in place. Whether you’re doing the work yourself or are hiring someone to do it for you, read on to find out more.

In some cases, you may also need approval from external agencies like Burlington Hydro, Conservation Halton, Ministry of Transportation, Niagara Escarpment Commission, etc., as applicable.

Consolidated Pre-Building Permit Review

Most home renovation and construction projects require a Building Permit, but before you can apply for a Building Permit you need to apply for a Consolidated Pre-Building Permit.

The Consolidated Pre-Building Permit process includes a Zoning Review, Grading and Drainage Review and a Forestry Review.

If you’re not sure that

Read the rest